LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 and EtherCAT

Solved!
Go to solution

Has anyone found a workaround to the problem of Windows 10 not supporting EtherCAT?

I'm trying to update a system with a cRIO that uses an NI-9144 chassis.

See the Hardware Driver section of the following:

National Instruments Product Compatibility for Microsoft Windows 10

steve

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the forum when you get help. Click the "Solution?" icon on the reply that answers your
question. Give "Kudos" to replies that help.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,840 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author stevem181

Can you attach the MAX report here? Have you tried the EtherCAT 17.6?

Message 2 of 5
(3,823 Views)

I'm no expert, but looked at this a few times before.

As far as I understand, EtherCAT needs an EtherCAT device to enable deterministic EtherCAT. Ethernet (e.g. any network card) can communicate nondeterministic EtherCAT, but most drivers will refuse or disallow it.

I could be wrong a bit or completelly...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,777 Views)

Thanks Yin_W! You pointed me in the right direction.

I'm using LabVIEW 2015 sp1 so I installed version 16 CompactRIO drivers and EtherCat 16.1 and it worked.

The Windows 10 compatibility page is wrong (didn't see a way to report it).

steve

Help the forum when you get help. Click the "Solution?" icon on the reply that answers your
question. Give "Kudos" to replies that help.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,771 Views)

Thank you for the feedback. After checking, NI has already been aware of this issue. The Windows 10 compatibility page is under reviewing now.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,723 Views)