LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Win7update Agilent33250A problem

I have windows update problem.  

I downloaded drivers using Labview (Getting started window > Tools > Find Instrument Drivers) from NI certified drivers and installed them. Also, i downloaded Agilent IO libraries suite 15.5 to provide connection between GPIB and computer (15.0 did not worked in Win7 which was supplied with 33250A and 15.5 is worked). After i plugged the GPIB/usb connection to computer, i see that GPIB is recognized and green led light is observed. I reached the device using drivers and set the parameters properly.

I recognized that win7 updated itself and from that reason, somehow, i see the connection between GPIB port and computer, but i can not initalize  the device or set the parameters (frequency, amplitude, etc ) using drivers downloded from the NI website. I reinstall the drivers Labview software but it didn't worked.

Win7 update caused this problem, how can i set parameters (of course write new blocks) of 33250A using drivers again?

Thanks in advance.

AC Function generator: 33250A Agilent

Labview version: Labview 8.0

OS system: Windows 7

Connection: 82357 B  USB/GPIB interface USB 2.0 connection

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,863 Views)

If you are using an Agilent GPIB controller with LabVIEW you need to enable Passport in NI-VISA. I am assuming, of course, that you are using NI-VISA as your primary VISA.

Can I Use Both National Instruments (GPIB) and Agilent/HP (HPIB) Controllers in the Same System?

Configuring NI-VISA as the Primary VISA

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,854 Views)

I found the error related to the problem. After the connection is set up, i try to initialize the function gen using driver supported from NI certified drivers and i could not see the port. 

I run MAX and from Configuration menu, i just pressed "Devices and Interfaces" section. After then, I run VI and it worked. But, when i restart the computer, i realized that inialize.VI did not work again. I did the same from MAX and it worked again. I suppose, there is a easy solution. How can i permanently see the ports without using this MAX "Devices and Interfaces" click? Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,820 Views)

Hi sgorumlu,

Which particular initialize.vi function are you using, and how are you specifying the device to initialize?  Are you getting a particular error message when you run your VI before opening MAX and clicking on "Devices and Interfaces"? It may be that you can utilize the "refresh" option in a ring control to do the same thing.

Tom L.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,803 Views)