From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Win CE ODBC databes

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello!
I want to ask about Labview applications under Windeos CE 4.2. Am I able to bulid a VI (later exe) with Touch Panel module, that can make any kind of database (maybe ODBC), from the input datas. If not, is there any other mehtod or idea, to make an database from input data?

Other question: If i want to read data from serial port with VISA, shall I need to install VISA and VISA runtime on the target device (win ce)?

Thank you for your help!
M. Gabor

Gabor M.
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,332 Views)

I am not sure about the database part.

To install VISA, please follow the instructions in the following document:

Getting Started with the LabVIEW Touch Panel Module

Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,320 Views)
Also. ODBC isn't a database, it's an interface built into windows that provides a standardized way of communicating with databases. What database are you using? What are you going to be doing with the data?
Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,314 Views)

Hi!
I need to manage the incoming data on Win CE. I read the serial port, than the datas need to be transfered via internet, 3G or something like this (i am able to do this on CE?), to an host pc (with Win 7 or XP). These datas need to be built in a database. They told me in need to make the database ODBC compatible. The question is...shall i build some kind of database on the pc where im obtaining the data (kind of cluster or array maybe), or its better to transfer the input right away to the host PC, and there i can manage it. The last opportunity sounds better, because there i can build easy databases (database module) from the input.

Thank you for your helpness!
Gabor

Gabor M.
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,312 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MGabor
There is no need or value in writing your own database as there are literally dozens of off-the-shelf for you to close from.
Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,300 Views)