From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the rating go down ?

Hi Veterans,

Will the ratings drop down suddenly from Proven Veteran to Veteran within the change of a week ?! Smiley Indifferent

My avg msg rating upto last week was 4.7 for some 11 or 12 msgs, and my rating was Proven Veteran. Smiley Sad

But today mornign, when I logged on, I found my rating as Veteran, with a avg msg rating of 2.3 for some 37 msgs.

I'm confused a bit whether my quality of replies ve dropped or am I replying too much thinking that it 'll boost my rating...

Please clarify me.
- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
Message 1 of 12
(3,726 Views)

I have seen this happen in the past where someone intentionally gives a single star to many posts to bring the user's rating down (don't ask me why. I have no idea).

You could try posting to the feedback board and ask Laura to fix this, but as far as I know, the only practical way to fix it is to give a lot of 5 star ratings.

Sounds like Tst is right

Your Average message rating has dropped to 2.3, probably that's the reason Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 12
(3,711 Views)

Happened to me, too.  Someone gave over 300 single star ratings for some unknown reason.

The rating eventually goes up (a bit) but never to the original level.  Don't worry about 34 ratings.. 

And don't let this bother you.   I have no idea why people do it. 

You're doing a great job Keep going.. 🙂

Message 4 of 12
(3,664 Views)

What problem? Smiley Wink

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 5 of 12
(3,650 Views)

@JoeLabView wrote:

Someone gave over 300 single star ratings for some unknown reason.

It must have been an "Anti Ben". Smiley Very Happy

(Or maybe his evil twin?) Smiley Surprised

LOL!!
😄

what's the inverse of a Teddy Bear??
Message 8 of 12
(3,618 Views)
"what's the inverse of a Teddy Bear??"

Well I do not have an image of a inverse but here is the result of filtering, converting to B&W and then taking the first, second and third (?) derivative of a bear.

Ben

Message Edited by Ben on 04-18-2007 02:38 PM

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 9 of 12
(3,613 Views)
That didn't take very long.. <evil twin>
You could use it as your avatar..  😄

BTW: picture 2 looks nice!  Better do it before tst grabs it 😉

Message Edited by JoeLabView on 04-18-2007 04:00 PM

Message 10 of 12
(3,597 Views)