From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will NIPM ever be fixed?

I have had it with NIPM this has to be like machine 10 out of 10 that NIPM has failed and given that B.S. "check you internet connection" message

nipmCapture.PNG

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,120 Views)

I believe this issue has been brought up to NI, and the cause was having a version of VIPM installed that is newer than the one trying to be installed.  NI made comments saying they were going to fix it and I think they gave a bug number.

EDIT: Okay NI didn't give a bug number but did say the issue was reproducible, but I did find where I mentioned this issue publicly too.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(1,110 Views)

Now it says something different but still fails. 

nopm2Capture.PNG

========================
========================
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(1,076 Views)

I've not had a big problem but then I'm ok with 40Gb offline installers and isolated single-version installations.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(1,055 Views)

@tyk007 wrote:

I've not had a big problem but then I'm ok with 40Gb offline installers and isolated single-version installations.

The thread I linked to where I originally mentioned this problem, was specifically with an offline install.  The "Check your internet connection" error is a catch all when an installer fails even if they installer is an offline one, and has the correct md5.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(1,006 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

@tyk007 wrote:

The thread I linked to where I originally mentioned this problem, was specifically with an offline install.  The "Check your internet connection" error is a catch all when an installer fails even if they installer is an offline one, and has the correct md5.

Interesting. As I mentioned, I only have isolated single install environments, so every install (bar the occasional f patch) is on a fresh virtualized OS.  Production machines are also basically never upgraded once validated. So I certainly don't have the typical use case. It's a pity the upgrade process is not as smooth as it could be .

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(979 Views)

Honestly the issues with installing have only been around as long as NIPM.

In the past I have had LabVIEW 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019 all installed on the same computer and never had an issue.

Today it can literally be impossible to install LabVIEW 2020 alone on one computer.

========================
========================
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(970 Views)