From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi access at University myRio

Although I can connect the myRio device to my own wireless router in a private router I had a hell of a time getting it connected to a public network. This is for info in case any engineer sees it from NI or anybody else has a solution. I started with the certificate thing and that didn't work. I knew the system used Peep and didn't need a certificate in fact so couldn't understand why it wouldn't connect. In the end we got our top security network man onto it and he managed it after 2 hours of struggle. It appears that the myRio doesn't trust our network. He said

Thanks for bringing your device so I could examine it. While I finally got the device working it took a lot of coaxing. The issue essentially came down to the fact that our ssl certificate was Signed by a Root Authority that the device did not trust. To make it work I had to add our root certificates to a file and manually edit the wireless config to point to that file. This could be mitigated by an update of the ca cert bundle packaged on the device. Maybe some additional updates to the ui to allow a new certs t to be uploaded.

He had to actually hack the Linux shell of the myRio and only then it would work for a fixed IP only as a file would have to be changed for every IP allocated (and we don't do fixed IP). Has anybody else had these problems?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(1,801 Views)