LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why won't the changes to my RT VI save?

I am trying to build a complex RT VI.  The build is failing because changes are automatically made to the VI every time it is opened to make it run, so the version on the disk is not executable.

Every time I open the VI the * is in the top bar indicating that there are changes to save.  I save the changes, close the VI, then open it and the * is there again.  When I click "explain changes" it says "SubVI call(s) modified" and the details are: "A subVI's connector pane (or a polymorphic subVI's list of VIs) was modified. Show the Context Help window for the subVI and make sure the connections to the subVI on the block diagram are still correct."

Is there any way to see what subvi call is causing this to happen?

Thanks for your help.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,790 Views)

when do you observe this??

If you open this  vi with LabVIEW set to the selected RT target or with LabVIEW in Host windows OS??

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,763 Views)
It happens when I am connected to the target.  After playing around with it for a while it seems to have something to do with bundling/unbundling by name a big cluster that I have in the VI.  By rerouting wires to disable a bunch of these blocks I can get the VI to compile and save.  I also got it to the point where simply changing an unbundle block from "show full names" to "hide full names" I could get it to compile and save.  None of the versions I was able to save had the functionality I require, however.  Could this be a Labview bug?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,755 Views)
Hi MGerty,

Could you please let me know what version of LabVIEW you are using?

Also, could you try to uncheck the Allow Debugging checkbox in the Execution category of VI Properties on your reentrant VIs? Please let me know if this prevents this from happening. Thank you.

Best regards,

Steven
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,738 Views)