LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why the RT Target vi is not running automatically even though it is made as startup application?

Hello,

I have a Host vi where i have a state machine architecture for 4 different cases like CCP Connect, CCP Read Variable, CCP write Variable, and CCP Disconnect. Each case has a sub vi which triggers my RT Target vi and provides the CCP variable name through network variable.

Actualy my project is to serach a variable from the a2l database and read the corresponding value or write the new value to the variable to the ECU through CCP communication on RT Target. so My RT target also has the state machine architecture where actual read/write process happens on real target for the variables sent from the Host vi through network variables.

I have made the RT tarhet vi as startup application so that it continously run and waiting for the variable names from the host vi and it dose the read/ write operation based on the case input condition.

My prblem is i am able to do this operation only if i manually run the RT target vi. my RT Target vi is not running automatically even though i have made it as startup application.

Please can any one help me to resolve this issue?

Thanks & Regards

Sam

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,895 Views)

Did toy build and deploy the startup application?

Is the dip switches set to allop the application (not sure which HW you are using), there is an option for no app that could be switched.  After you deploy you reboot this can take many seconds.

Do you have any way of debugging/knowing if the application is executing?  I like to flip flop the user led (depending on what the application is doing I change this rate) on my crio and cfp controllers to monitor headless opperation.

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,889 Views)

sorry for the many typos, I am waiting for my morning coffee to finish brewing.

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,888 Views)

I've had the same problem, I'm not sure how to get my cRIO to run without being connected to the laptop.  I have tried deploying the vi as startup and resetting it after disconnecting.  I have it write to a USB stick, which works fine when on the laptop but nothing when standalone.  I'll have to try having it run the user LED to really be sure, only just learned how to do that.  Am I missing any steps to run the vi though?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,874 Views)

Hello,

Yes I have build and deployed the start up application, and i am using cRIO 9012 controller. Even the No App siwtch setting is done.

But i dont have any idea how i can know the Start up vi is executing or not.

Is it the correct way If i open the startup vi after the rebooting of cRIO and check if the vi is executing?

Is there any thing i can check for this problem?

Thanks & Regards

SAM

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,855 Views)

The startup application is defined in the ni-rt.ini file which is located in the root of the cRio device.

Two entries are required to set an application to be the startup application and that it will be loaded after a reboot/powerup.

[LVRT]
RTTarget.ApplicationPath=/c/ni-rt/startup/my_startup.rtexe
RTTarget.LaunchAppAtBoot=True

To be sure that your app is running use the system state publisher and monitor the RT CPU load via the DSM after a device power up or at specific exec states of your application.

Hope it helps

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,848 Views)

I blink one the user led to show that my rt app is running.  I also publish my rt 'state' in a NSV which can be viewed from the DSM.  Additionally I also use custom scan engine faults and syslog broadcast to publish initialization info and errors.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,837 Views)