From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why shows LV8 only one default connector pane?

In LV 6.1, when I put my necessary controls and indicators on the front panel (e.g. three controls & two indicators), right-clicked on the VI- icon and chose "show connector ", LV searched for me the most appropriate connector pane with three terminals on the left and two on the right side. This was very a cool feature and I have to miss it now in LV 8. Do I have to make some settings in the options- dialog to get this back?
David
Greets, Dave
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,468 Views)

This is actually a good thing IMO, because it allows you to have a standard size and standard wiring schemes (top is for references, bottom is for errors, etc.) and to add more controls later if necessary. Also, the 4-2-2-4 pattern is a good one and is the one of choice for most users.

If you still want the old behavior you can add the line DefaultConPane=-1 to your labview.ini file, but in any case it's advisable to leave extra connectors in case you will want to pass more information in the future without breaking your code.

(2,457 Views)
tst's comments are also reflected in the LabVIEW Style Guide.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,450 Views)

tst wrote:

If you still want the old behavior you can add the line DefaultConPane=-1 to your labview.ini file, but in any case it's advisable to leave extra connectors in case you will want to pass more information in the future without breaking your code.

Where can you find the #'s for all the connector pane patterns?  Is it possible to read it from a property node?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,441 Views)

Check out my weekly nugget here to find out how to get the numeric values of the different connector pane patterns.  Remember that this functionality only applies to LabVIEW 8.0 and later.

-D

Message Edited by Darren on 04-20-2006 10:24 AM

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,427 Views)
Thank you, Darren, this helped me a lot.
David
Greets, Dave
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,409 Views)