LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why my NI VISA keeps disconnecting?

Hi,

Please help me out, my NIDAQ device keeps disconnecting. My NIDAQ is connected to WIFI Router through LAN wire and then WIFI Router is connected to computer through wireless connection. There is no mentioned problem as given in the error message.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(961 Views)

Hi PhD,

you mix a lot of terms: Visa, DAQ, WiFi and LAN. But you forgot to give exact information, like the used DAQ device and why you need to connect by WiFi and LAN...

Can you ensure a (rock) stable WiFi connection?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(958 Views)

My apologies, for mixing up the terms.

In continuation of previous query -

So, my experimental setup is rotating, and data acquisition is from the rotating frame of reference to non-rotating frame of reference. That's why I can't directly connect NIDAQ device to my computer through LAN wire. Instead I connect NIDAQ to wifi router through LAN wire and then wifi router to the computer.

Also yes I have stable connection, but don't know what else to do.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(943 Views)

If everything is on the same subnet, things should work just fine unless there are policies on the router that prevent LAN-WLAN connection (e.g. a Guest WIFI network). If you can initially connect, you should be fine there.

How familiar are you with LabVIEW? It is well possible that you have bugs in your code, but we cannot tell that without seeing the VI. (What is the model number? How are you connecting to it (official drivers or homegrown ethernet?) Are you using TCP or UDP? Do you have some tunnels that are set to use default if unwired and not connected in some cases? Do you have FOR loop that can sometimes iterate zero times? Do you have race conditions due to local variable over-use? Are you keeping connections open or constantly opening new connections? So many potential points of failure! etc. etc.)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(931 Views)

Yes, I am able to connect, so first problem can be ruled out.

I have fare knowledge of LabView, I guess. but don't know how to check bug in the code? can please suggest something?

I am use 3 modules on the chassis two NI9219, and one NI9216. No official driver is being used. I am using TCP.

Yes, I have some tunnels that are set to use default if un-wired and not connected in some cases. I have While loop and many case structures and no FOR loop.

I do not understand these - Do you have race conditions due to local variable over-use? Are you keeping connections open or constantly opening new connections? So many potential points of failure! etc. etc.)

Just a day back My code was working and I took the data for 60 hours in a row, and before that too, it worked just fine.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(899 Views)

@Win_PhD_2023 wrote:

Yes, I am able to connect, so first problem can be ruled out.

I have fare knowledge of LabView, I guess. but don't know how to check bug in the code? can please suggest something?

I am use 3 modules on the chassis two NI9219, and one NI9216. No official driver is being used. I am using TCP.

Yes, I have some tunnels that are set to use default if un-wired and not connected in some cases. I have While loop and many case structures and no FOR loop.

I do not understand these - Do you have race conditions due to local variable over-use? Are you keeping connections open or constantly opening new connections? So many potential points of failure! etc. etc.)

Just a day back My code was working and I took the data for 60 hours in a row, and before that too, it worked just fine.

Can you post a copy of your code? Also, did anything change between when the code worked and when it didn't? This is really smelling like a race condition to me, but it is hard to be sure without seeing the code. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(867 Views)