LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my Source Dist Build Spec Referencing lv_icon.lvlbp and How Can I Get Rid of It?

Solved!
Go to solution

How can I find what is dragging "lv_icon.lvlbp" into the build?

bld.png

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(901 Views)

I guess it's a dependency.  From project explorer, can you right-click on it and select "Find... --> Callers"?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(891 Views)

It's a dependency of stuff in vi.lib.  Its presence is messing up the layout of my build.  How can I get rid of it?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(884 Views)

I don't know.  I would've expected you to be better than me at this.  😄  I'm going to say it's going to be tough to get rid of it.  It is likely that it was a dependency created by a file that you are not using in a library that you are using that depends on the packed library.  You probably would have to do something drastic like make a duplicate library that the distribution will point to instead.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(862 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author paul_cardinale

Yes, there is stuff in vi.lib that calls VIs and classes in the icon editor packed library. You'll need to identify what code in your project is calling those VIs (through right-clicking on items in the Dependencies list as was previously mentioned) and figure out if that code really needs to be in your distribution.

Also, if you go into 'Additional Exclusions' in the build spec settings you can check 'Exclude dependent packed libraries' and see if that helps.

Message 5 of 6
(836 Views)

@Darren wrote:

Yes, there is stuff in vi.lib that calls VIs and classes in the icon editor packed library. You'll need to identify what code in your project is calling those VIs (through right-clicking on items in the Dependencies list as was previously mentioned) and figure out if that code really needs to be in your distribution.

Also, if you go into 'Additional Exclusions' in the build spec settings you can check 'Exclude dependent packed libraries' and see if that helps.

That worked.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(832 Views)