LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is diagram clean up corrupting my block diagrams?

A couple of times now (you'd think I would learn my lesson...) I've used the Clean Up Diagram option only for it to render my block diagrams completely unreadable. It's happened on two different systems now..

In this latest incident the flat sequence structure and the labels render as normal but the controls and constants are "smeared out" - for example, instead of being the usual small blue boxes the integer constants are rendered as very tall, thin rectangles. The data flow is completely impossible to discern. It's fascinating.

Anyone seen this before and know how to fix it?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,419 Views)

That is strange!  and those WIRES!

I would love to see your options page for block diagram cleanup (Tools>>Options)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,401 Views)

Do you have a copy of the VI before you hit block diagram cleanup? I am interested in seeing if we can reproduce it to investigate it.

Thanks,

Jeff Peacock 

Product Support Engineer | LabVIEW R&D | National Instruments | Certified LabVIEW Architect 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,395 Views)

The options were at their default settings :-S

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,387 Views)

Unfortunately not

Message 5 of 7
(2,384 Views)

I've seen something similar before and I believe this occurs when cleanup results in a block diagram that is larger than the maximum space allowed in the block diagram.  The VI you provided appears to go from ~-30000 pixels to ~+28000 pixels in the Y-direction, which is dangerously close to that limit. I'm not aware of any way to recover a VI once it's been saved in this state.

This KnowledgeBase article includes additional information on the maximum allowed size of the front panel and block diagram:

KnowledgeBase 3JEEP1ZH: Maximum Size for Front Panel and Block Diagram

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/62D66358BBF8A87186256FC50077FA17

Tom L.
Message 6 of 7
(2,370 Views)
I recently found that on win7 I can right click a file and 'restore previous versions' I knew we had this on our servers but now it seems to be available in win7. It saved me between svn commits so its worth looking. It's also worth mentioning svn at this point too, so next time you can revert.
Michael
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,366 Views)