From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is LabVIEW install and uninstall extremely slow?

Unplug the network Cable. 🙂

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 36
(1,335 Views)

Wish it was that easy.  Management software installed on the PC will still turn everything back on that I am able to turn off after 5 min.

Randall Pursley
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 36
(1,296 Views)

Happily running LV2011 SP1. No need (at least for me) to upgrade 2x times a year. I remember all the problems, bugs, etc.

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 36
(1,248 Views)

I am also on day #3. I first uninstalled an earlier version to free up some room, and that took hours. Drivers are the worst. FPGA not much faster.

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 36
(1,138 Views)

This thread has been inactive for about three months, maybe try starting a new thread to get some more help and see if anyone from the community has seen this installation issue and has a workaround.

Levi D.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 35 of 36
(1,117 Views)

I've had no problem installing LabVIEW 2018 on several Windows 10 PCs, and have never had to disable anti-virus software to do a LabVIEW install.  As it happens, I work about 6 buildings over from Randy Pursley, so I just left him Voice Mail offering to at least "consult" on this issue.  Maybe together we can fix this, and report back on the "solution".

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 36
(1,107 Views)