LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is LabVIEW install and uninstall extremely slow?

Just going through this on one machine.  Installing seems to stall (I actually killed it a couple of times) when it says  "Installing driver packages (may take a few minutes to verify digital signature)", where "few minutes" could be more than 10 minutes.  Wonder what is going on at that step.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 36
(1,595 Views)

That step always takes a while on my computer, seemingly more than 10 minutes. I would stop it after an hour or so.

mcduff

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 36
(1,589 Views)

But if I stop it, it won't install.  I'm now trying PXI Platform Services Runtime 17.5.1 and it has been stuck at 88% for a while.  Machine idle process is over 99.7%.  It has to be a bug of some sort.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 36
(1,585 Views)

... And eventually picks up, until the next driver, stalls again, ... rinse, repeat,  .... done

A bit of a pain

Message 14 of 36
(1,577 Views)

Aha, someone else "stuck" in LabVIEW 2017 Install Hell.  It has totally corrupted my three PCs (two Win 10 x64, one Win 7 x64) requiring weeks to rebuild.  I'm sticking with LabVIEW 2016, but when 2017 SP1 comes out, I may (very cautiously) see if I can get it to install (maybe on a "clone" of one of my machines ...).

Bob Schor

Message 15 of 36
(1,564 Views)

NI install hell, more appropriately, which always existed.  Fond memories of the "installing the uninstaller" messages.  I have this "NI virus" in about 80 boxes, of a few different types, and sometimes it is easier to clone the closest working image than going through attempting to fix it.  I've "saved" a few machines by walking the registry and deleting every single "LabVIEW", "NI", "National Instruments" reference, and even that seems to work better than re-installing in same hopeless cases.

What seems to be the new annoyance is this up to tens of minutes to install a device driver and/or verifying the digital signature.

Message 16 of 36
(1,557 Views)

Hi Bob,

First, LabVIEW 2017 SP1 was just released for download! Check out the link here for our 32-bit version: http://www.ni.com/download/labview-development-system-2017-sp1/7099/en/

Second, may I ask if you have created a service request about LabVIEW 2017 corrupting your PCs? This sounds like a pretty major bug and I would encourage you to call in if you haven't already. We take issues like this seriously and try our best to fix issues as they come up to ensure the success of our customers.

Jen P.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
Message 17 of 36
(1,551 Views)

@plattypusrex wrote:

Hi Bob,

First, LabVIEW 2017 SP1 was just released for download! Check out the link here for our 32-bit version: http://www.ni.com/download/labview-development-system-2017-sp1/7099/en/

Second, may I ask if you have created a service request about LabVIEW 2017 corrupting your PCs? This sounds like a pretty major bug and I would encourage you to call in if you haven't already. We take issues like this seriously and try our best to fix issues as they come up to ensure the success of our customers.

Is there any info about when the LabVIEW 2017 SP1 update gets available via the "NI Update Service"?

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 36
(1,543 Views)

No word yet on when it will be available via the NI Update Service. As Jen said though, you can download it directly from the link below:

"LabVIEW 2017 SP1 (32-bit) - English": http://www.ni.com/download/labview-development-system-2017-sp1/7099/en/

Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 36
(1,527 Views)

@Dafrizzy wrote:

No word yet on when it will be available via the NI Update Service. As Jen said though, you can download it directly from the link below:

"LabVIEW 2017 SP1 (32-bit) - English": http://www.ni.com/download/labview-development-system-2017-sp1/7099/en/

So if i have LabVIEW 2017 already installed on my PC, can i just install this SP1 on top of it?

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 36
(1,517 Views)