LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Citadel 5 not being installed with my executable?

I'm developing a distributable application in LV8.2.1 that uses the DSC module to write data to the Citadel Database.  When I install the executable on a different machine, only Citadel 4 and it's associated services are installed, not citadel 5.  I'm including the Enhanced DSC Deployment Support for LabVIEW 8.2.1 as an additional installer.  Here are a couple pictures of what's happening:

Additional Installer configuration for the executable:

Additional installers.JPG

Services that run on the development machine, with Citadel 5 AND the Lookout Citadel Server (4):

Services Development.JPG

Services that are on the client machine only include the Lookout versions:

Services Client.JPG

Another issue is that no database is appearing in MAX on the client machine.  Is there something extra I need to do to actaully create the database?  The executable programatically creates the correct database, and it works fine on my development system, but not on the client system.  Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Craig

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,459 Views)

Hey Craig,

One thing that I would look into is to make sure that the computer to which you are deploying your application has the DSC Run-Time system installed. There is a separate Run-Time system for DSC applications and my first thought would be that the computer you are trying to deploy to does not have that Run-Time system installed.

Hope This Helps,

Doug B

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,431 Views)

Hi, Doug,

Thanks for the reply.  I know for certain that the DSC Run-Time system was not installed separately on the client computer.  I had seen some references to needing the run-time system, but it was unclear whether it was included in the installer when the executable was created.  I'll see about getting the RTS installed on that computer and see what happens.

Thanks,

Craig

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,427 Views)

WTF!!???  The run-time system is not a free download!!!????  So I buy all of this rediculously expensive development software including the DSC module to build applications that can be "FREELY" distributed to other computers, only to find that I have to BUY MORE SOFTWARE FOR EACH MACHINE THE EXECUTABLE IS INSTALLED ON????!!!!!!  What kind of bait and switch crap is this?  How come they didn't tell me this when I first bought the DSC module?  This is totally outrageous!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,418 Views)

!!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,413 Views)

Kuro-gane,

I apologize for the miscommunication about how we sell the LabVIEW Datalogging & Supervisory Control (DSC) module as it is different than many of our other modules by requiring both a development module and a separate run-time system license for each deployment. Because of your specific concern, I have gone back and looked at how we are communicating this difference. I agree that there are gaps and as a result I have submitted a number of changes to our LabVIEW DSC ni.com product pages to make sure that it is better communicated up front. Please let me know too if there are other locations on our website that mislead you on the product so that I can work to change them as well.

For your specific situation, please email me directly at jonah.paul@ni.com and we can discuss it further.

Thanks again for bringing this communications gap to my attention.

Regards,

Jonah Paul
Marketing Manager, NI Software
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,392 Views)