LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why doesn't NI officially notify death of NXG? When??

It is important to keep proper perspective about this. As previously mentioned, NXG was never really finished and is still unstable and relatively slow compared to traditional LabVIEW. Given how long it has been on the market, this is indicative of incorrect basic infrastructure, so NI is probably pulling the plug on something that currently has no chance of succeeding, rolling the lessons learned into either traditional LabVIEW or the next iteration. This is certainly not without precedent elsewhere. If you started a big project with Microsoft Silverlight, this same thing occurred when Microsoft dumped it suddenly and switched to typescript. If you are currently using C#, Microsoft's current direction is more than a bit unclear. NI could be a lot clearer about the transition from NXG to LabVIEW or whatever comes next, but the decision may be for the best in the long run. I just hope they make good conversion tools.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 22
(691 Views)

It is not that simple "NXG was not really alive", "still in beta".

NXG was not marketed like that at all, but always as the successor of Classic and Old Labview.

I got into labview and quickly moved to NXG because the marketing team told me that "the sooner the better" and i was OK with that.

I had a solution (NXG) which really suits all my applications with a clean UI for both the developper and the end-user.
Now, I learned that it will not be further updated after 2021 and I need to move again to very old UI labview with absolutely no solution developped to transfer NXG VI to Classic VI. (as mentionned by customer services)

I have never experienced a company who does not offer a smooth switch between two solutions before NI. I really hope they will provide some support to switch from NXG to classic labview in the following months/years.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 22
(607 Views)