LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does the sampling rate for my DAQCard-700 max out at 6578Hz regardless of the number of channels I'm sampling?

My DAQCard-700 is acting funny. I am using LABView 6.0.2 on a Dell Inspiron 8100 laptop for continuous analog input. For some reason my DAQCard-700 won't let me acquire multiple channels unless I create virtual channels in max and then run AI Config with a list of the virtual channel names. That's fine (but weird), but I max out my sampling rate at 6578 Hz, which is the max sampling rate if I would have sampled all 16 (Referenced, single-ended) AI channels. But I'm not -- I'm sampling 6 channels, as proven by the "number of channels" indicator in AI config and just looking at my data. If I sample just one channel, I can get up to 105248Hz. Is my card f
ried, or am I missing a hidden setting somewhere? I have the latest NIDAQ.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,360 Views)
Hello;

By the description of your problem, everything is pointing us to a hardware failure.
There aren't any tricks to acquire multiple channels with that card.
The best way to go about this is to have NI to fix the board for you.
Regards
Filipe
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,360 Views)
Thanks, Filipe! I was thinking it was a hardware problem also. We actually have a new DAQCard on the way anyway. If we decide we still need this one, I'll send it back to NI.

--Melinda
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,360 Views)