LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does refreshing my web browser page increment the number of users connected to my Remote Front Panel?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm using LabVIEW 2010 and a cRIO-9118 to broadcast my RT Front Panel on the web with a Web Server.

I successfully configured the web server to be able to control my Front Panel remotely. However, I have an issue with "Refreshing" the browser.

When I press "Enter" to search the adress of the web server, the number of users connected seems to increment by one and then tells me that "Too many users are connected to the front panel". Once this has been done, the only way to "unlock" the web server is to reboot the cRIO.

Is there any solution to avoid this behavior?

My current web browser is Internet Explorer 8.

Thank you

Mathieu Veillette, Ing Jr.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,749 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author cheux

Hi Mathieu,

Unfortunately, there currently isn't a very good solution for the problem you are facing. It seems like this is a known issue that R&D is working on. It so happens that in addition to simply refreshing, this issue also occurs if you try to access the Remote Front Panel using a second tab in a tabbed browser. One "fix" would be to invest in a higher count Remote Front Panel license. If that's not feasible, then the current recommendation would be to avoid connecting to the Remote Front Panel from a second tab or refreshing the view in your browser. Once you exceed the number of connections to the Remote Front Panel, you will have to restart the RT controller -- there isn't a way to change this default behavior. You can track any fixes by R&D by keeping note of the CAR (corrective action request) ID for this issue, which is #202702.

Sanjay C.
Embedded Software Product Manager| National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,710 Views)

Thank you for your answer. I'll see with my customer what would be the best for them.

Mathieu Veillette, Ing Jr.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,707 Views)

Hi,

I'm using a Crio-9073 also with labview 2010 and we are seeing the same thing.

Will this problem occur on all Crio model?

DO you know if your engineering team will have solution soon?

The 2 temporary solutions you proposed cannot be made on our side.

Sylvain M. 

Regards 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,659 Views)

slvn-

Be looking for this to be fixed in a future release of LabVIEW. As of right now R&D has not definitivly told me anything more than the CAR number snajay mentioned 🙂

Sam S
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,642 Views)