LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does my LabVIEW occasionally display in Chinese?

Thanks for those posts about the workaround.  However, this issue is not about Chinese gibberish appearing in distributed versions of the program; it is about the original source code getting corrupted.  Cheers,  Halden

0 Kudos
Message 51 of 82
(1,897 Views)

Dear All

I want to add that my Distributed Systems Manager turned Chinese after upgrading from I believe cFP 6.0.6 to cFP 6.0.7 or was it 6.0.8. I therefore conclude that this problem is not just related to LV 2010 upgrade nor to the SP 1. Perhaps a small clue is that the Fieldpoint driver seems to use the folder

C:\National Instruments Dowloads\FieldPoint

(please notice the misprint 'Dowloads' and not 'Downloads')

/søren

0 Kudos
Message 52 of 82
(1,878 Views)

@Jon S. wrote:

2nd Issue:

This is the issue that falkpl reported.  Sometimes after a LabVIEW crash or building an application the internal Unicode flag gets turned on for many of the LabVIEW objects.  This case we have been unable to reproduce after vigorosly attempting to do so.  We are working on implementing a fix that would help the user out after this happens but as of right now we haven't determined what exactly causes this bug.  This CAR has been reported as 185890.  If you expereince this behavior contact NI support.  We will try to help recover your VIs as much as possible.

Hello Everyone,

I believe that we have a better fix for VIs that have become corrupted because of CAR 185890.  If you experience this behavior contact ni.com/support and ask the Applications Engineering to search for KB 4Z7BPBUB.  This is an internal KB that I just updated with the new information to hopefully recover VIs in this condition.  I didn't have a large sample set to test but the sample VIs I had were successfully saved.  Our previous recovery tool only fixed the front panel objects but this fix should recover everything.

We still cannot reproduce what caused the VIs to get into this state so if you can reproduce this behavior please let us know.  Thanks for everyone that helped give us information to try and fix this bug.

Regards,

Jon S.
National Instruments
LabVIEW NXG Product Owner
Message 53 of 82
(1,834 Views)

Why not simply make the tool available publicly somewhere?

We also had a massive "chinese corruption" in hundreds of VI's after a mass compile / build. The front panels and block diagrams are permanently corrupted for us. It's not just the built app.

It's weird though, half the strings are in chinese, and the other half are fine...

0 Kudos
Message 54 of 82
(1,797 Views)

Dear NI,

Please present a solution to this "language" problem. I ran a support case on this only to be answered "our computer does not give this problem". All I want and need is a solution.

/søren

0 Kudos
Message 55 of 82
(1,786 Views)

@Søren hallberg jensen wrote:

Dear NI,

Please present a solution to this "language" problem. I ran a support case on this only to be answered "our computer does not give this problem". All I want and need is a solution.

/søren

Hello Søren,

As of right now we do have a solution to both of the problems described in this discussion forum.

If you have problem described in CAR 202900, please see this post.

If you have the problem described in CAR 189850 see my post above.

To answer Dinçer's question, the utility we have created isn't in a position to be publicly facaing at this time.  We are working on make a solution publicly available though.  In the time being please contact NI support if you need help with either of these situations.

Regards,

Jon S.
National Instruments
LabVIEW NXG Product Owner
0 Kudos
Message 56 of 82
(1,775 Views)

But if I was to contact NI, is it a tool that the support guy would send me, or would I need to send him my VI's? For confidentiality and practicality (hundreds of VI's involved), having to send the VI's wouldn't work for us.

I ask this out of curiosity more than anything else, since we simply rolled back to a few days ago to "fix" it. But if the issue reappears, it would be good to know.

Anyways, it's good to hear you guys are working on something 🙂

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 57 of 82
(1,768 Views)

I have this problem right now.

Tried to create the VI as suggested by an earlier poster, but cannot find the Unicode property. Code is attached

Report.lvlibFIX UNICODE.vi Block Diagram.png

0 Kudos
Message 58 of 82
(1,716 Views)

Hello nrp

You may wish to create a new forum post for this issue so that it receives the proper attention.  Can you please describe your situation and application in a bit for detail for me as well as provide me with the version of LabVIEW you are using and which operating system your PC is running?  Can you please reference the previous post that this refers to?  Thank you very much!

Sincerely,

Greg S.
0 Kudos
Message 59 of 82
(1,676 Views)

Maybe this will help.

0 Kudos
Message 60 of 82
(1,668 Views)