From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does my LabVIEW Crash when I try to save or run?

Hi, I can not save or run a particular VI that I created that outputs results returned from an instrument to a text file.
The LabVIEW development environment (Block Diagram and Front Panel) close down without warning. The first time this happened an error dialog showed up asking if I would like to send an error report to NI. I agreed but now the error dialog no longer displays after it has crashed. Does the complexity of a block diagram effect the stability of the program? I wouldn't have thought this was the case but I can't seem to do anything with this VI. Even copying it's contents to a blank vi results in it crashing. I am at my wits end and have a deadline fast approaching. Please help!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,229 Views)
Which version of Labview are you using?  Now much data are you trying to save?  I have experienced crashes under 8.0, but that particular bug was fixed under 8.01

I do not know any reason for it to crash when saving.  Unless it is so byzantine that it will not even compile Robot surprised

Can you copy out parts of it to a blank vi to try to narrow down where the problem lies?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,226 Views)
If you can attach a VI here that demonstrates the problem, I am certain we can get you being productive again very quickly. If the VI in question is corrupted, it could be that posting that single VI alone, with no supporting VIs, will be sufficient to duplicate the problem (please verify before posting). Once we know what is wrong, getting around that is usually straightforward, figuring out how you got there is not (which you may or may not want to help us figure out). In any case, you will at least be moving again.

Roy
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,201 Views)