LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does data disapear between interations

I'm continuously acquiring data from a accelerometer and displaying the data in a waveform graph (0 - 100Hz). Why does the data disapear between averages (I'm assuming between each iteration of the while loop).

I would like my data to remain in display until the averaging is complete.

I seen mention of this however cannot find it. Does anyone have a solution/example?

R/Alv
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(2,712 Views)
Let's have a look to your code : build a simplified version of your vi (for instance removing the whole DAQ stuff, just leaving the loop, the graph, and a piece of data with the averaging function); see if the problem persists ; then post the vi... somebody will find the flaw.

CC
Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(2,710 Views)
Charly,
Thanks. I enclosed a bmp of the code rather than re-wiring it again. I'll explain whats going on, basically I'm acquiring data from 2 transducers (accels) and coverting the data to displacement. From the code you can see that I'm displaying the frequency content as well as displacement. Give me thoughts.
R/
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(2,698 Views)
If you are using a graph like you say in your original post, then data disappears because a graph does not have a history buffer. That is what a chart is used for. If you want to use a graph, then you can create your own buffer by writing to a shift register.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(2,664 Views)
Sorry, may be I am tired after a busy Sunday, but I don't even see where the graph is on the bmp ! Don't know how I could help !!

CC

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(2,645 Views)
Dennis,
I'm using the shift registers on the while loop. I'm sure what your referencing to? I've included my code for reference.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(2,641 Views)
Charly,
Icluded my code. R/
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(2,641 Views)
The only shift registers you have on the while loop are for the error cluster and the file reference. You need a shift register for each graph.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(2,635 Views)
Sorry Denis, but this has nothing to do with shift registers : a graph olds its data as long as you don't write anything else in it ! 😉

The flickering is due to the way the averaging is done, 2 subvi layers down. I don't have enough time to dig something out of there, but what can be done in the main vi is to add a case structure around the graph terminal, and wire the case input to a comparison node between the "magnitude" in the "power spectrum" cluster and an empty array.

See the attached vi, which is the simplified version I was asking for in my first answer.

CC

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,622 Views)
But he does a complete data acquisition every loop which would appear to write new data to the graph every time.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,616 Views)