LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does building packed project library change custom icon size?

When I build small icons using the instructions in LabVIEW help "Creating a Custom-Shaped Icon", and then build the resulting subVI into a packed project library, the icon size changes back to the default. I have attached Sample.zip containing Example calling subVI.vi and Example calling PPL.vi which show the icon size of Integer to String.vi changing from a custom small size to the default size after it is build into a packed project library. How can I prevent this icon resize from happening?

Jim

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,393 Views)

I see small icon or not understand you

icon copy.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,365 Views)

When I call the subVI the custom icon is the desired size.

Example calling subVI.PNG

When I call the packed project library, the icon goes back to the default full size. The border is not visible, but this example shows four copies after being selected on block diagram and  vertical compress selected.

Example calling PPL.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,333 Views)

And no error again. LabVIEW 15

size.png

Sorry, I don't know why you get this strange result.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,312 Views)

Was there ever a resolution to this issue? I am seeing the same problem in LV2016 when I build a "bullet" style VI into a PPL.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,716 Views)

When we asked NI this question a while back we were told that PPLs always use a full size icon. We were never given a good explanation as to why though.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,700 Views)