LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does analog output max out at only 2 V when I connect my device?

I have a device that works on LabVIEW 6 (Win-NT machine), switching over to Vista, LabVIEW2009, with PCIe-6323.  the voltage output signal control works fine on the NT machine over the full range of 0-10V.  On the LabVIEW 2009/Vista machine, open AO channels work properly from -10 to 10 V in MAX.  But when I connect the device - the same device that works just fine on LabVIEW6 - It only works up to ~2V.  For example - I enter 1.5 V - i read 1.5 V.  I anything from 2.2-10V, and I get 2.2 V.  If I disconnect the device, I get output voltage that I enter in the Task test panel.

How can I get it to run the full -10 to 10 V?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,177 Views)

What is the input impedance of the device you are connecting to?

You are probably up against a current limit.  Can you connect your AO to something like a 1 Megohm resistor and see if you get the full voltage range?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,165 Views)

The way that the scaling works for DAQmx tasks changed somewhere between DAQmx 7.? and DAQmx 8.8.

At least it did for analog inputs anyway.

Check if any scale is applied to your analog output task. Try changing it. 

Troy - CLD "If a hammer is the only tool you have, everything starts to look like a nail." ~ Maslow/Kaplan - Law of the instrument
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,157 Views)

What type of device are you connecting to?  The fact that you do get the correct -10 to 10V output from the card shows that the card is working as expected.

I agree with Nickerbocker to check the input impedance of your device.  Also, what DAQ card were you using with LV 6 on NT? 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,124 Views)

Try DAQ Diagnostic utility

http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/2244/lang/de

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Eugen Wiebe
Bernstein AG
CLAD - Certified LabView Associate Developer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,945 Views)