From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does a digital indicator formatted for time & date add 16 hours to the input?

I wire a digital indicator with a double precision value that is supposed to indicate an elapsed time. But the indicator (formatted for time and date, with the date inactive) always adds 16 hours to the wired input.

This problem occurs even in a simple vi I wrote that only consists only of a constant wired to the indicator.

Using LabView 6.0.2
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,329 Views)
Labview interprets the number passed into an indicator formatted for date & time as seconds since Jan. 1st 1904. I'm assuming that since you're looking for elapsed time this is not what you're passing in. One thing that I've done is get the elapsed time in seconds and write a routine to convert that into whatever format you want.
Message 2 of 3
(2,329 Views)
Right.

And the base time is 16h00, 01 Jan 1904, hence always displaying the extra 16 hours. I can't believe I overlooked that.

Thanks,

Mike

M. J. Eggertson
Department of Chemistry
University of Washington
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,329 Views)