LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does a blank VI open everytime I launch LabVIEW 2014?

Solved!
Go to solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bryan24

Hi Bryan24,

I can understand the confusion. Just to clarify, while the Getting Started Window does not actually say getting started anywhere on it, this window is the Getting Started Window

im2.png

And you can launch it from within LabVIEW through the menus

im1.png

The Getting Started Window is the landing page for LabVIEW when you do not have anything open, it is where you 'get started' on projects or new VIs. I can understand the confusion because there are other products that have a getting started popup for new users before the environment launches. In that case it is common to suppress that getting started help for users who no longer need the getting started guidance. 

Regards,

Jeff Peacock 

Product Support Engineer | LabVIEW R&D | National Instruments | Certified LabVIEW Architect 

Message 11 of 14
(847 Views)

This is very counter intuitive (that the main labview window is "getting started" despite the fact that doesn't say "getting started" anywhere).   I've got 20 years of LabVIEW under my belt and I was looking all over the place for the option to create a new vi on launch so I could turn it off and couldn't find it.   I don't know why skip getting started was on by default when I installed LabVIEW 2020 but once it's on it's not intuitive to know to turn it off.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(545 Views)

For me, it doesn't get much more intuitive than this:

billko_0-1620162546021.png

I just guessed it would be under "environment".

Or did I misunderstand you?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(534 Views)

A very long time a go, it was the "Getting Started" window:

billko_3-1620163068557.png

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(528 Views)