LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does VISA seem to only get part of my data?

I am trying to use the VISA function of Labview to take power readings from a Dressler 1312 RF generator. It communicates in hexadecimal, so all of these readings are in hex. But to the question at hand. When I send it a command to read, it gives me back 060A, which is the first two bits of what should be a string of data. The 06 is the acknowledgement byte, the 0A is the header, but I should also get back an A5 as the command I sent and two more data bytes representing the actual value of the power reading. Unfortunately, these seem to get cut off from the readig. I have tried increasing the byte count on the VISA read function all the way to 50, and still I get this problem. What else could I be doing wrong?

JohnGalt
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've got a sneaking suspicion that Jesus might have been made of bread. Why else did they have to put him in a warm cave and wait three days for him to rise?

Damnant quadnon intelligunt - They condemn what they do not understand.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,121 Views)
You have the "Enable Termination Char" input of VISA Configure Serial Port set to True. That is the default if unwired. The default term character is x0A and the read will terminate when it's detected and you have x0A being sent by the instrument. Set the input to False and all should be fine.
Message 2 of 3
(2,119 Views)
YOU ARE BRILLIANT! THANK YOU! I am now finished with my program! Hooray!

JohnGalt
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've got a sneaking suspicion that Jesus might have been made of bread. Why else did they have to put him in a warm cave and wait three days for him to rise?

Damnant quadnon intelligunt - They condemn what they do not understand.
Message 3 of 3
(2,112 Views)