LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does MAX say %22The remote access list on this system is blank%22%3F

Solved!
Go to solution

I am building and deploying a real-time data acquisition/control system using LabVIEW RT (2012 SP1) and a PXI controller.  I've tested my software, and it runs fine, now that I've figured out how to build stand-alone executables for both the Host and RT Target systems.

Due to a bug on the RT side (which I hope I've now fixed), I needed to "rebuild" my PXI Controller, reinstall LabVIEW RT and related software, and reconfigure all of the Tasks in MAX (version 5.5).  To save the Configuration (and simplify reconfiguring the Tasks and Channels), I tried to export the configuration using the Configuration Export Wizard in MAX.  However, there were some (minor?) inconsistencies in some of the devices (such as NI-488.2) between the Host and Remote systems that generated some errors.  I was able to correct this by asking MAX to do a Reset Configuration Data on the Host, and those problems went away.

After exporting the NI Configuration Export File for my PXI, I decided to use MAX to Create Reports on both my Host and Remote PXI systems.  While reviewing the PXI's report, I noticed that the last entry in the report, called "Security", reads as follows:

"The remote access list on this system is blank. This means that no remote system has access to this system."

What does this mean?  Where is the "remote access list on this system", and how is it maintained?  Note that I haven't (yet) tried deploying my (formerly-working) Project to this (rebuilt) Controller, but I haven't made changes in LabVIEW, itself.

If I look at the Properties of the RT Target in Project, the VI Server properties (still) show TCP/IP enabled (port 3363) with Machine Access given to "*" (all machines) and, similarly, all Exported VIs allowed access.

Am I missing something?  Can I safely ignore the above Security report entry generated by MAX, or is there a hidden setting I need to find and change?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,297 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bob_Schor

Bob,

i am not sure about your situation, but it seems to me that it is connected to "Security" Settings. Please refer to the help in MAX, topic "Logging into your System".

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,285 Views)

@Norbert_B wrote:

Bob,

i am not sure about your situation, but it seems to me that it is connected to "Security" Settings. Please refer to the help in MAX, topic "Logging into your System".

Norbert

I agree, but I've never heard about "Security Settings" in MAX. When I first read your note, I went looking and couldn't find "Logging into your System".  I came back a day later, was going to write a "There is not such topic!" reply, but fortunately I looked again, and found it.  I suspect the reason I never ran into this was that my controllers were all using older BIOSes -- I'd just "rebuilt" this controller, including updating its BIOS, and ran into the Login prompt for the first time ...

Thanks for pointing me in (what turns out to be) the right direction!

BS

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,254 Views)