LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do input wires break when I wire in a format string?

When I wire in the format string to the Scan from String operator the wire to the input string breaks. The attached file has two paths. The upper exhibits the problems mentioned. The bottom path doesn't. Why?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,271 Views)
Rick,
This is a silly thing. If you move the Scan from string box you will see a wire under it that is broken ("short circuit"). Remove it and it will work. I have had this type of problems myself many times... Hope this helps. /Mikael
Message 2 of 4
(2,271 Views)
OK, moving it does not show it right away (I just tried it). If you drag a box around the function you will see the short-circuit wire going from the string input to the format input. This wire needs to be deleted. One way of doing it is to first delete the wire to the string input to the left (makes the short circuit a broken wire) and then remove all broken wires (ctrl B). /Mikael
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,271 Views)
You've wired the output of the index array function to the format string input instead of the input string. The error message says that the wire connects more than one data source.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,271 Views)