LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I receive error -1073807339 VISA Write

I have a LV app built using LV2010 SP1 on a WinXP 32-bit machine.  The app uses VISA to communicate serially through a RS232 to USB adpater to a pump.  I can run the compiled app (exe) on another Win XP 32-bit machine without error.  But the app generates "error -1073807339" with a VISA Write VI (timeout before completion) when run on Win7 64-bit machine.  I have verified that both WinXP machines and the Win7 machine all have the NI device drivers installed (NI VISA 5.0.3), the LV2010 Run-Time engine, and the RS232-USB device drivers.

I have investigated sources of the timeout error and tried increasing the timeout with no success.  I have also verified port settings, although the app is

identical between all machines.

I have verified that the installation on the Win7 64-bit machine was done using admin rights and files were installed correctly.

I feel like I must be missing something, so I'd appreciate some suggesitons.

Thanks
Dan 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,592 Views)

Can you communicate to the device on the Win 7 machine using hyperterminal or some some other communication program? Make sure that you have basic communication and it isn't some strange Win 7 thing. Are you runnign Win 7 64-bit? If so make sure you use the correct drivers.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,588 Views)

I sounds like its in the USB driver- which driver are you using?- does it support Win7-64?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,582 Views)

I believe the RS232-USB device driver supports Win7 64-bit, but I'll have to confirm this.  The USB port does show up in the device manager as working porperly, but I will try communication via hyperterminal to verify.

Thanks
Dan 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,576 Views)