From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I keep getting error 2525? Can someone please help me solve the problem?

My VI was running nicely, then all of a sudden I started to get error 2525 and I did not make any change to it. 

I attached the VI and the TDMS file that you will need to save somewhere. Then enter the path on TDMS open block to read the saved TDMS file.

Capture.PNG

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,155 Views)

Do you know/understand the difference between "2525" and "-2525"?

It is almost impossible to follow the logic of your VI (but I do thank you for attaching it -- it would be even more impossible if you only attached a picture.  Here are some suggestions when you rewrite it:

• If function like the TDMS functions have Error In and Error Out, be sure to wire them.
  • Be sure wires go to terminals (and look like they are going directly into the terminal to which they are wired).  We shouldn't have to wiggle the VI on the Block Diagram to figure out where the Wire is connected.
  • Make sure that data in the wires always flows from left to right.  You can have a wire go up and down, but data should never flow backwards in a wire (from right to left).  Move the functions so that functions on the left execute before functions on the right.
  • Don't be afraid of grouping sections of VIs into a sub-VI.  A VI with 6 or 7 sub-VIs that have an icon that suggests they do one easy-to-understand thing is much easier to understand than a very large VI with lots of detail whose overall purpose is hard to see.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,124 Views)

I agree with Bob: cleaning/rewriting that VI is a first step to ease your troubleshooting and future development.

Addressing the error you get. I used the TDMS File Viewer (is in the File I/O > TDM Streaming palette) and noted that some channels do not have values (data). Therefore, the function you use to read all the channels returns this error as there's nothing to parse. I recommend you clean your TDMS file, too, or select which channels to read (that you know have data and can be parsed).

Screen Shot 2019-11-24 at 10.19.57 PM.png

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,102 Views)

Thank you. That helps, but do you by any chance know how to select which channels to read from a specific group? 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,060 Views)

I recommend you press Ctrl + H in LabVIEW and use the context help window. It is an awesome tool that shows you the inputs, outputs and descriptions of the functions you are using.

Else, you can also see this in the online help: TDMS Read Function. You will notice there is a "Channel name(s) in" terminal.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,057 Views)