LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I have to redeploy every VI to RT when I make a small change to one VI?

My RT 8.5.1 app has several hundred VIs.  When I change one VI and run it from the project targeted to RT desktop, it takes about 7-8 minutes to redeploy every single VI.

A handful of times, maybe one out of a hundred, I've seen it only deploy the changed VI and then run with minimal wait. 

Should every VI need to be redeployed?  Am I doing something wrong?
Robert Mortensen
CLA, CLED, LabVIEW Champion, Principal Systems Engineer, Testeract
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,214 Views)

Hello Robert,

Thank you for contacting National Instruments.  I believe that the reason that you are forced to wait for all of your VIs to deploy to your RT target is due to the change that you make.  Certain changes within your program will force all VIs to be deployed to your RT target whereas other changes may only result in the one VI needing to be deployed.  I do not believe that you are doing anything wrong in this case.  It simply matters on the type of change that you make to the VI.  I hope this helps!

Message Edited by Bob_H. on 06-23-2008 01:48 PM
Thanks!
Bob H
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,172 Views)

What changes fall in which category?

Should moving one object (wire, numeric, primitive, etc.) on the block diagram or front panel by one pixel cause all the VIs to redeploy?

Your answer doesn't seem to fit with behavior I'm seeing...

Robert Mortensen
CLA, CLED, LabVIEW Champion, Principal Systems Engineer, Testeract
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,156 Views)
Robert,
     My guess is that the program is only noticing that you changed the VI, and not really at what you changed aesthetically, functionally, or any other way.  With that, it is seeing that a change has been made and any VI's pertaining to the 'changed' VI now must be redeployed with the 'new' VI that you changed.  This is what I have noticed in my use of LabVIEW over time.  I hope this eases some frustration.

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,113 Views)