LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I get error -301703 on a USB-8451 device?

Hello,
I'm not very familiar with LabView.

I 'm trying to use USB8451 to program an Atmel microcontroller (using SPI).

I write 8 bytes at time,  without any problem, but I get error -301703 when I write the following 8 bytes:
0x40 0x00 0x19 0x03 0x48 0x00 0x19 0x00

I tried to reduce the clock rate (from 2M to 200k), but without any effect. I don't know if this can be related on the contents of data written: however the error always occur with these data.

The error occur on the "NI-845x SPI Script Write read. vi:1"

Can someone help me?

Thank you

baloss
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,785 Views)

Hello,

I discovered that my problem is generated because I have on the script more than 64 SPI Write commands (as indicated on page 6-3 of the NI-845x Software User Manual).

Now I don't know if I must split my commands into multiple scripts, or if there is a way to erase the contents of a script.

Has someone already be faced with a similar issue?

Thank you

baloss

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,776 Views)
Hi Baloss,

I don't know if there is a way to erase a script but I think that if you programm 2 Write Script in serie, that would work well.
I don't think that there is a good idea and I don't understand whay do you want to erase a script??

Do you already try to split the script??

Best Regards...

Matthieu
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,764 Views)

Hello Matthieu,

thank you for your suggestion. I tried to write more scripts in sequence. But in fact it didn't work as expected.

My idea was to erase the contents of the script when the limit of 64 instruction was reached, and then fill it again.

Finally I preferred to use the "Basic" function (there is no limitation on the number of Write/Read operations).

Now everything work fine

Best Regards

baloss

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,752 Views)