From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I get an error when I try to switch the scan engine mode programatically?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have a problem with my EtherCAT system.

The system contains:

a PXI-8840 RT

2 Position sensors with EtherCAT

and 8 Inverters with EtherCAT (with Softmotion plugin and xml file)

I'm using LabVIEW 2015 with RT, FPGA and Softmotion modul.

At the beginning of my code I switch the scan engine mode to configuration mode and afterwards to active mode programmatically. This works well when I start my code with LabVIEW, but I receive an error when I use a startup application. The error code is -2132869095 (The deployment connection has timed out). I have tried this also with a code just containing the VIs for switching the scan engine mode and nothing else. With this I receive the same error.

The problem occurs when one or more inverters are in the project.

Has anyone an idea what I have to do to avoid this error?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,379 Views)

Dear m.kroschk@eaat.de,

this is really a very strange behavior but I found a comparable issue in our internal database which was resolved by reformatting & reinstalling software to the RT-System.

So first of all I would ask you to try reformatting & reinstalling software your PXI-Target.

If the Error still appear, please Zip and post your minimum project for reproduction which I could test here to reproduce the issue on my system.

Kind Regards,

SG3 | Staff Applications Engineering | National Instruments | NIG |

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,303 Views)

Dear SG3,

thank you for your reply. Reformatting and reinstalling the software don't fix the error. But I found two articels, which may help me:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/0C20921D7960CBF286257F42005EC033

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/E2F4F2E4F3A91F6E86257BB9006589D1

I will try this and give you an information.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,271 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author volleymar

Hello,

the two articels mentioned in my last post have fixed the problem. I have to follow this exact sequence and I have to wait until the scan engine is running.

Now, my startup application is running.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,252 Views)