LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I get a "not Sign" when selecting operator from Quck Drop Menu?

Solved!
Go to solution

So before I call it a bug I'm asking....

When using the QD option to select a multiplication node using a short-cut of "ex"  my cursor changes to a "not sign" (circle with slash through it).

I'd post a screen shot but Windows will not capture the cursor when I hit "print screen".

All of the other short-cuts seem to work OK so far.

So what is that "not sign" trying to tell me?

Baffled (but still in love with QD),

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 1 of 7
(2,821 Views)

Hi Ben,

I'm not seeing the behavior you're talking about.  Maybe I'm not duplicating your setup accurately.  Here is the screenshot.  The cursor appears as the "pointy finger" to me.

-Bill

Message Edited by Ravens Fan on 10-13-2008 12:15 PM
Message 2 of 7
(2,806 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ben

Ben,

The "Multiplication" node is a Simulation function that can only be dropped inside a Simulation Loop.  If you select it from the palette you should also see the "not sign" if you are trying to drop it outside of a Sim Loop.  Try dropping in on a Sim Loop and it should work fine.  If you select a "Multiply" node (this is the math primitive in the Numeric palette) then you should be able to drop it anywhere.

Chris M

Message 3 of 7
(2,804 Views)

Hi Ben,

I can't reproduce that behavior.  The only two things I can think of at the moment are (1) you accidentally added a shortcut as a panel shortcut instead of a diagram shortcut or (2) the name of the object you specified isn't for the "Multiply" node, but for some other node (you said "Multiplication" in your initial post) that can only be dropped in certain places (i.e. maybe it's a node that is only valid in Simulation diagrams).  Can you post the following lines from your LabVIEW INI file so I can look into it further:

QuickDropDiagramShortcuts

QuickDropPanelShortcuts

Let me know,

-D

Edit:  Yeah, what he said.  😛

Message Edited by Darren on 10-13-2008 11:28 AM
Message 4 of 7
(2,794 Views)

Yep that was it!

Imagine developing in a computer language for 10 years and not knowing the name of the multiply function. Smiley Surprised Smiley Very Happy

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 5 of 7
(2,750 Views)

Just a quick screenshot, so future viewers can get a better idea of what functions we were ya'll where discussing...

Message Edited by CXB on 10-14-2008 10:18 AM
Chris Bolin
LabVIEW Partner Program, CLA
Message 6 of 7
(2,720 Views)

"...functions we were ya'll where discussing..."

oooops. wow.  my mother would be ashamed.

Chris Bolin
LabVIEW Partner Program, CLA
Message 7 of 7
(2,702 Views)