From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why crashes LV 8.0.1 when opening remote panel

Hi everybody,

everytime I try to open a remote panel to my vi from another VI Labview (remote client) crashes completely. It worked fine with LV 8.0 but not with LV 8.0.1 on a linux machine (Suse 10.0). When I try to open the panel in a browser it says that the run time engine is missing. But installing the rte doesn't work because the script says it's already installed. There is no difference if I try it locally or on a remote machine, both running LV 8.0.1 on Suse linux 10.0.

I'd appreciate any tip, thanks
Clemens

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,213 Views)
hello clemens,

on my system it worked without problems after installing the 8.0.1 update.
you could uninstall the RTE via yast and then reinstall it.

regards,

robert h
NI germany
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,188 Views)
Hi Robert,

I just gave up using Lv 8.0.1 because I had nothing but problems with it and the original problem I instellad it for wasn't solved and in the meantime I was told I had to live with it. The strange thing with the RTE was that it worked with some vi's but not with all. But it worked with all vi's usting LV 80. The migration form LV 7.1 to 8.xx took so much time that I'll stay as long as possible with it ignoring all further updates.

Regards Clemens
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,179 Views)