LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I use DAQmx Start Trigger (digital pattern) ?

Please see the VI attached below.
I want to use the DAQmx Trigger (Digital Pattern) to control the pulse generation. Only if "Dev1/Port0/Line0" is high the counter generates pulses. When I run the program, there is an error occured at "Start Digital Patter"VI (a red "ERROR" is marked):
Possible reason(s):

Measurements: Requested value is not a supported value for this property.

Property: Start.TrigType
You Have Requested: Digital Pattern
You Can Select: None, Digital Edge

It seems that I only can use "None", "Digital Edge" in this VI, but why there are other options? How can I use them?

Thank you!

Yi

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,997 Views)
I realized the function by configuring the "timing VI" and using "Start Digital Edge". But I still wonder why I can't use "digital pattern"?

Yi
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,991 Views)
Hi Yi,

Not all of NI's products support digital pattern matching. Since this functionality is used by some devices that also make use of the DAQmx driver it is included in the API. Please refer to your device's user manual to determine if it supports triggering off of digital pattern matching.

Please post back if you have any question. Have a great day!
Ryan D.
District Sales Manager for Boston & Northern New England
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,972 Views)
Hi Ryan,
I used the PCIe-6251. I checked the M Series User Mannual but didn't find some information about whether it support triggering off of digital pattern. Where can I find this?
Thank you!

Yi
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,957 Views)

Hey,

No, it's not supported by your device!

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,954 Views)
Hi Yi,

The M Series devices do not support digital pattern triggering. Some of our DIO boards (such as the 6533/6534) also use the DAQmx driver and are capable of digital pattern triggering. Typically, supported features are documented explicitly in the device user manual. For example, on page 4 of the NI 6533/6534 User Manual, it mentions "Pattern trigger detection capabilities."

Please post back if you have any questions. Have a great weekend!
Ryan D.
District Sales Manager for Boston & Northern New England
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,938 Views)

Unearthing this 4 year old post because I'm having the same problem and I assume the answer is the same, that my device (9411) does not support pattern matching. What does "Supports Pattern I/O? .....Yes" mean then in the specifications page?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,207 Views)

If you are using NI 9411 with a cDAQ chassis it will not be able to perform digital pattern matching.  However, I believe it states "Pattern I/O" because you could use these I/O ports to route to a digital pattern matching circuit configured onto a cRIO FPGA board

Regards,
Isaac S.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,186 Views)

Hey I am using PCI DIO-32 HS.

Do this digital pattern support.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,604 Views)