From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I insert a feedback node in LabView 8.0?

Hi all,

For some reason, I can't insert a feedback node in LabView 8.0.  Whenever I try, the cursor just turns into a circle with a slash through it.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jason
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,457 Views)

Does adding a shift-register first, then changing it to a feedback node from the popup menu work?

-Khalid

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,445 Views)
Go to Tools > Options > Block Diagram.  Is there a checkbox next to "Auto-insert Feedback Nodes in cycles"?  I believe you must have this option checked in order for a pure wiring operation to create a feedback node.

-D
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,438 Views)

Sorry, but maybe my original post wasn't clear.  I can't even place the *block*, much less wire it to anything.  The feedback node is found in the "Structures" block.

Jason

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,436 Views)

The only way I know to not be able to drop it off the palette is if you're trying to drop it somewhere other than the diagram of a Loop.  Are you trying to drop one on the top-level diagram, or in the diagram of a sequence or case structure?  You can only drop a Feedback Node inside a loop.

-D

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,426 Views)