LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I inline a VI that has an Expression Node on the BD?

That's exactly what I have done to five VIs in between, Jeff.

Two of the Expression Nodes were of the type "Degrees to Radians" which I obviously got by applying Quick Drop. 

Actually, replacing Expression Nodes by corresponding functions is no project but a short-term job;)

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19
(893 Views)

@GuenterMueller wrote:

Two of the Expression Nodes were of the type "Degrees to Radians" which I obviously got by applying Quick Drop. 

Actually, replacing Expression Nodes by corresponding functions is no project but a short-term job;)

My case was even simpler, just a x1000 (to convert between microcsonds and nanoseconds). The only reason I originally used an expression node is because it is vertically smaller and there was local crowding due to all other wires going into the next function. 😄

Message 12 of 19
(886 Views)

FWIW these converters inline just fine:

Converters inlined.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19
(881 Views)

@Kyle97330 wrote:

Converters inlined.PNG

What version?

@ GM.  Gosh,  I broke out NEETS 19 earlier for another post.  Table 1-24 shows deg×1.745e-2=radians 

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19
(876 Views)

And the converse x57.3 of course.

Good enough for NASA:)

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19
(875 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

@Kyle97330 wrote:

Converters inlined.PNG

What version?

@ GM.  Gosh,  I broke out NEETS 19 earlier for another post.  Table 1-24 shows deg×1.745e-2=radians 

I tested it on 2015.  It probably works back to any version that has the "Convert unit" node, which was something like version 7.1 I think... 

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(864 Views)

@Kyle97330 wrote:

@JÞB wrote:

@Kyle97330 wrote:

Converters inlined.PNG

What version?

I tested it on 2015.  It probably works back to any version that has the "Convert unit" node, which was something like version 7.1 I think... 

Kyle, inlining code is a bit more complex than a subvi.  It's a much newer feature than 7.1 supports. 

Inlined subvis are really compiled into the callers.... with full G compiler optmizations....  what did you think inline meant?

As far as I know 4.0 had units...

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(855 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

@Kyle97330

Kyle, inlining code is a bit more complex than a subvi.  It's a much newer feature than 7.1 supports. 

Inlined subvis are really compiled into the callers.... with full G compiler optmizations....  what did you think inline meant?

As far as I know 4.0 had units...

I think he meant to say that if you really want to use the formula/expression node for unit conversion you may be better of using the unit conversion node, which looks similar but is more convenient and can be inlined!

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 18 of 19
(847 Views)

So back to the topic: why can't I inline a VI that has an Expression Node on the BD?

It has always seem random to me. Like at some point it couldn't be tested properly, so they just disabled it or something... 

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19
(825 Views)