From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why arent my sensors working?

Solved!
Go to solution

I've got a single board RIO and a few sensors. I cant get the sensors to work. More accurately, the sensors are working, but LabVIEW isn't giving me correct values. I checked the pin-values with my multimeter and the sensor works correctly.

The frontpanel always shows that the sensoroutput is allways high, but when I measure on the actual pin, the voltage is at 15mV. Even when I connect the pin directly to a ground pin, it still says its high (tried the same with a 5v pin and it also gives a high level).

I added a picture of the FPGA code i used (simple as it may be).

Can somebody help me?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,447 Views)

I have not used FPGA but the image you showed is a Digital I/O connected to a binary indicator.  Where is the sensor connected? 

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,435 Views)

The FPGA controls all the I/O on the board. The sensor uses 3 pins: 5V, GND and one pin to detect high level/low level (Port5/DIO3). The FPGA module forwards the value to the other processor to enterpret.

Thanks for trying to help, I'm really aching for help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,423 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author milo_unlimited

Dear milo_unlimited,

please notice that you connected a boolean true to the conditional terminal of the while loop; the loop wil execute only once.

Best regards,

Martijn S
Applications Engineer
NI Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,392 Views)

Which explains a lot.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,370 Views)