LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are default PDA LEDs chopped off

I'm on day #1 of learning LabVIEW PDA.  I have a vi that simulates my product user interface that  is built with PDAOKButton_2x buttons and PDARndLED_2x indicators.  The front panel looks fine on the development PC, but the LEDs are chopped off on the PDA screen (it's an NI TPC-2006).  They're shaped a bit like strawberries.  I've tried all the available front panel scale factors and screen depths in the build spec.

Related question:  Is there a tutorial on customizing the appearance of PDA front panel objects?
Jeff
Climbing the Labview learning curve!
Sanarus Medical
Pleasanton, CA
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,809 Views)
Hi, Jeff.

I've found reference to a known bug with the TPC-2006 that causes LEDs to look like this. R&D is aware of the issue, so hopefully a fix will be included in the next release of the LabVIEW PDA Module. If that screenshot doesn't look like the same phenomenon you're seeing, would you mind posting a screenshot so I can get a better understanding of your behavior?

I look forward to hearing from you. Have a nice afternoon.

Message Edited by sarahk on 05-22-2006 01:42 PM

Sarah K.
Search PME
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,793 Views)
Your screenshot is exactly what I'm seeing, thanks for the feedback.  The near-term fix has been to use square LED icons, which render correctly.  The PDA sure is hard to accept after getting used to high-end PC graphics!
Jeff
Climbing the Labview learning curve!
Sanarus Medical
Pleasanton, CA
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,789 Views)
>> The PDA sure is hard to accept after getting used to high-end PC graphics!

Yes, I know what you mean.  I'm glad you're still able to get the effects you need with the square LEDs, however. Have a nice evening!

Message Edited by sarahk on 05-23-2006 06:52 PM

Sarah K.
Search PME
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,773 Views)