LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I getting ""LABVIEW.LIB could not locate "FResDir". With Labview 5.1?

All,

I am maintaing some old code.  I have SVN (Source control.)  Last time I had to get into the code there was no problem.  Nothing has changed in the code base.  I went to make a few small changes, when I attempted to open the code I get the Fatal Error mentioned in the Subject.  What is the cause?  And how do I get around it? 

I am running LabView 5.1 and 2009 on an XP platform.

Thanks,

Rich

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(2,769 Views)
Do you have TestStand? That's the only mention of FResDir that I found. Using a search, of course.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(2,755 Views)

I have Test Executive the predecessor to Test Stand. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(2,752 Views)

rwelch wrote:

All,

I am maintaing some old code.  I have SVN (Source control.)  Last time I had to get into the code there was no problem.  Nothing has changed in the code base.  I went to make a few small changes, when I attempted to open the code I get the Fatal Error mentioned in the Subject.  What is the cause?  And how do I get around it? 

I am running LabView 5.1 and 2009 on an XP platform.

Thanks,

Rich

FResDir is an exported C API in LabVIEW since version 8.0. Somehow somewhere you installed a LabVIEW component or extension (DLL form) that gets loaded by something in LabVIEW and tries to access that API.

What NI software did you install between the time it worked and when you got this error message?

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(2,740 Views)
I think I added the MathScrip RT Module and maybe the service pack f2.  It is a little chaotic here, I am not sure when I last dug into this code.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(2,727 Views)

Most likely you have an unfortunate interaction between your LabVIEW 5.1 installation and the LabVIEW 8.x or 2009 installation that you use the Mathscript RT installation.

There could be a good chance that you can't run LabVIEW 5.1 (and anything before 8.0) anymore on machines where LabVIEW 2009 and maybe Mathscript RT has been installed.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(2,716 Views)

That is what I was afraid of. 😞  Thanks for your help!

~Rich

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(2,713 Views)

Hi,

I just got the same message you got. I created a dll with Labview 2009 and wanted to use it in LabView 7.1. As soon as I load the DLL the message pops up! The idea of this dll is that anyone could use it, even if they have an older version of LabView. If anyone has a solution please tell me!!

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(2,610 Views)

Sorry, no I!  I gave up.  I am now developing on two seperate machines.  Good luck!

Regards,

Rich

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(2,608 Views)

fautsch wrote:

Hi,

I just got the same message you got. I created a dll with Labview 2009 and wanted to use it in LabView 7.1. As soon as I load the DLL the message pops up! The idea of this dll is that anyone could use it, even if they have an older version of LabView. If anyone has a solution please tell me!!

Thanks

Do you have the LabVIEW 2009 runtime installed on the pc with 7.1?
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(2,605 Views)