MTIA

Bill
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,436 Views)
Yours doesn't

Reply-To: wsymonds@clara.co.uk

I suspect it's something to do with people who post to the group from
www.ni.com rather than using a newsreader, if it's genuinely several users.

Bill Symonds wrote in message
news:memo.20010227213125.27503A@wsymonds.clara.net...
> Hi
>
> Sorry if I missed something but why has nearly everyones' email addresses
> started appearing x@no.email?
>
> MTIA
>
> Bill
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,436 Views)
Bill,

Sorry for the confusion. You may have read a post last week regarding the NI Developer Exchange at www.ni.com/exchange

This is a new web interface that integrates with the existing newsgroups on NI products. Thus any posts from the web interface and also from newsreaders will be reflected in both areas.

Now to explain the e-mail address. The new web interface introduces a number of features that require the creation of a user profile on ni.com (as you know from your posting you are still able to use a newsreader for your postings). This is the same profile used when downloading drivers or registering for events on ni.com

These new features allow you to be sent an e-mail if your question has a reply posted to it. Or you can receive daily/weekly summary e-mails
of all postings. You are also able to rate posts as well as track your activity.

These are some of the features which are tied to each person using the web interface. The Developer Exchange is an evolution from the older web-interface http://newsgroups.ni.com and if you would like details on the site's features please refer to the post titled New NI Developer Exchange Provides an Interactive Forum for Scientists and Engineers.

In order to ensure the privacy of those people posting through the web-interface, as this information is maintained in the profile they create, all posts are reflected in newsgroups with x@no.email

We are investigating the ability of allowing you to configure (opt in) if you would like your actual e-mail posted to the mirrored newsgroup. The e-mail of x@no.email is used as the option mentioned above is not available at present and we would like to support the privacy of information.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions.

Regards
Kamran Shah - kamran.shah@ni.com
National Instruments
An
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,436 Views)
In article <101-506500000005000000241A0000-982303670000@quiq.com>,
x@no.email (Kamran S.) wrote:

> Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions.
>
> Regards,
> Kamran Shah - kamran.shah@ni.com
> National Instruments

Kamrah

Thanks for posting that explanation

Regards

Bill
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,436 Views)