LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why NMEA.VI dosent active to extract data form Visa read ?

Solved!
Go to solution

Why NMEA.VI dose not  active to extract data form Visa read ?  On the  front panel , GPS data do not  have any information . 

For several day before , I have tried to extract data from GPS sensor ( NEO-6M U-Blox)  as I get the code but it hard to extract the data so 

I choose to use NMEA.VI that it  easy to extract the data from the GPS . 

Sorry for gramma mistake .I hope you understand these above . Thank you advance .

nmea.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(1,259 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jakkapong

Hi Jakkapong,

@Jakkapong wrote:

Why NMEA.VI dose not  active to extract data form Visa read ?  On the  front panel , GPS data do not  have any information . 

For several day before , I have tried to extract data from GPS sensor ( NEO-6M U-Blox)  as I get the code but it hard to extract the data so 

I choose to use NMEA.VI that it  easy to extract the data from the GPS . 

When there is a problem with that NMEA VI, then you should attach that VI, too! (Or atleast tell us, where you got that VI from…)

What's so hard to read/parse GPS messages? They are formatted quite nicely using commas as separators between their datafields! (Think of SpreadsheetStringToArray when talking about "comma separated values"…)

In oyur image the GPGGA message is shown: do you know what data is contained? Certainly there are no longitude/latitide data in a GPGGA message, so your NMEA VI is right when it outputs NaNs instead…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(1,249 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jakkapong

Your doing it wrong... Notice there is no "Bytes at Port" in my VI.

You should watch this: VIWeek 2020/Proper way to communicate over serial

My main GPS viMy main GPS vi

Here is how you parse an NMEA "GGA sentence"...

You are just parsing strings at this point...You are just parsing strings at this point...

I have attached a GPS decode project I started a long time ago and never finished. You can use it as a template or finish it as is. I think I had the GSA and GGA sentences completed.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(1,198 Views)

NMEA VI that form Robotic Modules .  

Jakkapong_0-1625536258601.png

Now , I learn to build the  AGV for pulling 200 kg as I seek the information to compare ROS (Robot Operating System) and Labview Robotic  modules that both  advantage and disadvantage to use in AGV . If you have experience that relate those , Please give me some suggestion . Thank you Sir . 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(1,168 Views)

This is a new topic, so start a new one.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(1,153 Views)

OK , I will abide by . 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(1,118 Views)

Sorry, I can be a little terse sometimes.  The reason why you'd want to start a new topic is because using the same thread for a new topic will cause confusion, and the fact that the topic already has an accepted solution will cause many members to overlook the topic when browsing the forum.  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(1,108 Views)

Thank for  clarify , I am a new USER sometimes .  If I do wrong , you can expostulate to me . 

Best Regard Jakkapong J.

Message 8 of 8
(1,096 Views)