From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why LabVIEW does not detect FlexRIO NI PXI-7954 as a target?

Solved!
Go to solution

HI. I have recently installed NI PXI-7954 (FlexRIO FPGA) module on my PXI-1036 system. Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX) is recognizing it and showing it as RIO0 under devices and Interfaces.However when I try to create LabVIEW FPGA projectby right clicking on My Computer and then selecting New>>Targets and Devices, the FPGA target does not show up. Instead I get NI-9154, 9155,9157 and 9159 as targets which are CompactRIO chassis and I do not have them. I have followed the installation instructions in NI FlexRIO FPGA module Installation guide. First I installed the software in the following order:

LabVIEW 2013

LabVIEW FPGA module

Drivers (NI-RIO)

NI FlexRIO Adapter module support for my NI 5782R IF transciever

Then I installed the hardware. First I installed NI FlexRIO FPGA module (NI-PXI7954), Then I got the confirmation from MAX that it is recognized. Then I installed the NI FlexRIO adapter module.

Now that I try to create LabVIEW FPGA project, the FPGA target does not show up even on the launch screen of LabVIEW as I suppose it should. Can somebody please tell me what I am doing wrong? I do not want to go through installation of software and hardware again. I will appreciate any help in this matter. Thanks.

Kamal

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(5,666 Views)

Check all your drivers are the latest version and support LV2013. Maybe that is the issue?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(5,655 Views)

Are you unable to add the 7954 to a project as a new target or as an existing target? If you are unable to add it as a new target then that would suggest that support for the card is not installed.

If you are unable to discover an existing device, there is a step by step guide in the 5782R user manual that walks you through discovering an existing card and running an example on it. The guide starts on page 13, can you go through it and let me know which step you get stuck on? 

NI 5782R User Manual and Specifications

http://digital.ni.com/manuals.nsf/websearch/C99DD12C7ED6276886257AC30060C24A

Message 3 of 11
(5,595 Views)

Thank you for your reply. I had made a mistake in installing software. I have reinstalled it now and will begin testing soon. Hopefully everything should work now.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(5,571 Views)

David, I am following the step by step procedure in the NI 5782R user manual starting from page 13. After step # 17 I am receiving the error as indicated in the attached file.

Where my mistake is and what should I do next?  Any Suggestions. Thanks.

Kamal

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(5,499 Views)

Does the error you are seeing pop up as soon as you hit the run button, or do you see the compilation window spin its wheels for a while before that error pops up? Go ahead and post your project and FPGA VI and I'll take a look.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(5,252 Views)

David, error window pops up as soon as I hit the run button. I am enclosing the poject and FPGA vi as told.Please take a look and let me know. Thanks. Kamal

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(5,179 Views)

David, Here is the FPGA VI.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(5,176 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author kathar

Hello kathar, 

Could you post your actual project and included VIs instead of just a picture of it?  

I found a reference to a similar error in the following linked PDF document:

GETTING STARTED - NI IF Transceiver (Page 16)

It recommends using a faster clock domain.  

Message 9 of 11
(5,102 Views)

Dear WishKebab,

Attached please find the project and the LabVIEW FPGA VI files. I have downloadaed the PDF document you have mentioned and am looking into the way they have handled this error. It looks like a great hint. Let me try this also and I will post the result.  Thanks. Kamal

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(5,055 Views)