LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why HSDIO and not DAQ-mx

Hi all,

I would like to know why some set of PXI devices are compatible with HSDIO and not with DAQ-mx while some other are compatible with DAQ-mx and not with HSDIO? I know the datasheet contains their respective compatible drivers but still I would like to know why is it like this. Is there any major difference between them other than their operating frequency? Can anyone please explain..!

Thanks for the help in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,612 Views)

Please post examples of the difference that has you questioning.

But genrally speaking....

HSDIO has its own set of drivers and capabilites that DAQmx devices with DIO lines do not share. An example is the "scripts" supported by HSDIO devices. Those scripts let us define multiple output patterns by name and then let us define scripts that invoke those scripts and if we really want to get adveturous, trigger the scripts switching between patterns via either software and/or hardware triggering.

DAQmx simply does not support such schemes.

Additionally, HSDIO devices will alos let us define the logic levels programatically. Again something that I have never seen in DAQmx.

I hope that helps,

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 2 of 2
(2,579 Views)