LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Can't I Delete This Palette Item

I want to move OpenG to a different palette location.  I can add it to any palette, but I can't delete it from here:

sp.png

Why not?

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(964 Views)

I've had a similar thing with broken ones. What worked for me was to enable "Reserve Spot for Synch Item" and then disable it again. This may then allow you to delete it.

The other thing to try is going up one level and turning off synchronisation for the folder.

Using LV2018 32 bit

Highly recommended open source screen capture software (useful for bug reports).

https://getsharex.com/
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(906 Views)

@matt.baker wrote:

I've had a similar thing with broken ones. What worked for me was to enable "Reserve Spot for Synch Item" and then disable it again. This may then allow you to delete it.

The other thing to try is going up one level and turning off synchronisation for the folder.

Playing with "Reserve Spot for Synch Item" didn't help.  And there is no parent to the "Functions" folder.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(894 Views)

Go into the [LabVIEW 20xx]\menus folder and delete the readonly.txt file in that lives in any folders containing .mnu files you're trying to edit, see if that helps.

Note that doing this may have some side effects... for example, I think the "?" icon that appears in a palette when there is a missing palette item is suppressed when those readonly.txt files are there, so deleting them may cause the "?" icons to reappear. So maybe after editing the palettes in the way you want, put the readonly.txt files back to suppress those "?" palette entries again. The readonly.txt file is empty, its contents don't matter... just its presence in the disk structure.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(880 Views)