From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

While loop gets stuck for 15 seconds

Solved!
Go to solution

CDuck_0-1624036273641.png

This while loop shown in the picture above measures a run time of less than 1 second from probe 11 to 13.  However after that it just sits there for 15 seconds before running again.  This only happens when test length is long, there is a correlation there. I don't understand how the loop can just sit there doing nothing for 15 seconds though when there is nothing left to execute.

----------------------------------------------------
Studying for CLA.
LabVIEW, inherit from social media habits!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(895 Views)

Is there something underneath your while loop? Looks like some mystery wires on the right side without tunnels.

Now Using LabVIEW 2019SP1 and TestStand 2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(863 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author CDuck

It likely isn't trying to execute the "Idle" case that you happen to be displaying.  You don't have a probe on the case selection string to let you know which case might be executing instead.  And because you posted only a picture instead of the vi, no one can inspect the other cases.

-Kevin P 

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(858 Views)

Someone delete this thread 😂  I was mistaken for trying to measure the time with my probes..... Yes it does indeed take 15 seconds to run the case now that I put date/time sequences down.  I guess the issue does not come down to mysterious magic after all.....

----------------------------------------------------
Studying for CLA.
LabVIEW, inherit from social media habits!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(852 Views)