LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

While editing Labview vi's, Labview simply disappears -- no error message.

Periodically while I am editing a vi, Labview simply disappears.  The program evaporates from the screen with all open vis as if Labview had never been opened.  There is no error message at the time, or when later reopening Labivew.  Any unsaved changes are lost but the programs will be there when Labview is reopened. Any ideas?
Labview 8.0
The program is running with no hardware I/O (all simulation at this point) so no NIDAQ calls or similar
This happens while editing, not while running
Win XP
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,441 Views)

One possibility is accidentally hitting CTRL-Q -- i.e., Quit Labview.

This is a function I never use -- is there a way to disable it?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,426 Views)
Won't CNTL-Q ask you if you wish to save changes before exiting? Thus I do not think this may be a probable cause.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,419 Views)

Hi John,

This is an interesting error.  I've looked through our databases and such but it doesn't look like this problem is occurring for other users.  That leads me to believe that there may simply be a problem with your installation.  Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling LabVIEW?  It's also a good idea to go ahead and update to 8.0.1 and mass compile your LabVIEW directory.  Although I haven't seen any reports of this problem, it still could be corrected by the patch.

I hope this helps.  Let us know if these problems continue.

Good luck!
Megan B.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,401 Views)