From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which version of labview?

How can I tell which version of labview was used to create a vi and application?

Is there a VI viewer.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,360 Views)
Hi Sally,
No VI viewer as far as I know... To know the version of LV used... hummm... Smiley Indifferent... Do you have any idea if it's close to LV2 or LV8 ?
There might be some tricks but I would try open with LV5, then LV6 and so on starting from the oldest version you have.
When you know the first digit (e.g. LV7) I have no idea of how to find out if ti was LV7.0 or 7.1 or 7.1.1....

I often have to switch form a version to another when I maintain old apps so I always put that kind of info in the "documentation" of my VI... 😉

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,338 Views)
You mean without trying to open the VI with LabVIEW? 'Cause that will tell you. For example, if you try to open a VI written in 8.0 with 7.1 it will tell you that the VI is written in 8.0.

I don't know about a build application, but for a VI this information is saved with the VI. Unfortunately, you need to know the structure of the file format to find the exact location for this information. I looked at a few VIs written in 7.1 and 8.0 and this location varied from file to file, no doubt due to some of the data structures being of variable length. I don't know if NI would be willing to share this information.
Message 3 of 3
(2,315 Views)