LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which is better - using a while loop's input node or dynamic event references to start or awaken a while loop?

With respect to latency and latency reliability which is better - using a while loop's input node or dynamic references to start or awaken a while loop?  See examples in jpg.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,316 Views)
Answer: neither, since a while loop doesn't have an "input node" or "dynamic references". What you're showing is creating user events for an event structure, so I have no idea what you mean by "latency" or "latency reliability", or even how to measure it. I also have no idea how your timed loop is even tied to the event structure, if at all.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,300 Views)

I am sorry but I simply don't understand your question.

Can you please elaborate?

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,299 Views)

Sorry, I hope the following will be more understandable. Attached is another diagram, modified from basic examples, and its vi.  For my application, briefly described below the timing between the receipt of the User Event and when the triggered application starts is critical.

I will be attempting to rewrite a program whose labview structure originates from a time before labview5 generated by a self (or none) trained computer programmer (myself). So instead of one big while loop that contains messy code and lots and lots of shift registers and case statements I hope to implement a state machine framework with parallel while loops (for waveform AO, and single instance DIOs) that contains a producer and consumer structure to handle the Analog Input.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,265 Views)